- Analyze important entity considerations in the current environment.
- Identify tax planning opportunities based on the selected entity.
- Analyze reasonable compensation rules for C corporations and S corporations.
- Apply succession planning techniques.
- Identify certain tax provisions that may be used to generate quick cash.
- Calculate the benefit a client could expect to receive from applying R&D credit provisions.
- Determine recent developments related to PPP loans.
- Identify the key components of the CARES Act.
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Selected Tax Provisions of the CARES Act
- R&D Credits
- Evolving Workplace
- State and Local Considerations
Be the expert that small businesses need
Earn a badge when you complete both parts of this program.
This program covers relevant topics such as entity and business owner planning considerations, cash flow and estate planning techniques, and recent tax provisions most beneficial in the current environment.
It also discusses applicable legislation, government programs, IRS guidance, including credits, deductions, and limitations to support small business clients during this time.
This course dives deeply into payroll continuity and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), select tax provisions of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and state tax considerations.
The content is designed to assist current CPAs who are working with small- to mid-tier business clients in making themselves invaluable beyond tax and accounting related matters. This will then help them become overall business advisers to their clients in these challenging times.
Through this program, you will gain invaluable knowledge to create a well-rounded understanding of most major client concerns and propel you to become an overall business adviser for your clients.
Along with a general discussion of important topics, this course is littered with signposts that will point you in the direction of further research and ultimately make you even more valuable to both new and existing clients.